I've done something last night that I haven't done in quite a few years. I gave blood.
To celebrate the occasion, here are some facts about blood:
* There is no substitute for human Blood
* An average adult has about 14 to 18 pints of Blood
*One standard unit or pint of Blood equals about two cups
*Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to all of the body
* Blood carries carbon dioxide and other waste products back to the lungs, kidneys and liver for disposal.
* Blood fights against infection and helps heal wonnds
* One unit of donated whole Blood is spearated into componets before use (red Blood cells, white Blood cells, plasma, platelets, etc.
* There are four main Blood types: A,B,AB, and O
*Each Blood type is either Rh positive or negative
* Giving blood under normal rules, will not decrease your strength
Some Examples of average Blood use:
* People older than 65 use 43% of all donated Blood. The demand for Blood and Blood products will increase as the population ages.
* 25% of all Blood products are used to treat cancer patients.
*One out of ten people entering a hospital requires Blood
* Severe burn victims can need the platelets from about 20 Blood unit donations during their treastment.
* People who have been in car accidents and suffered massive Blood loss can need transfusions of 50 units or more of red Blood cells.
When you give blood, you are giving life. Giving creates more Wealth and Riches in your own life.