Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wanting something is not enough

Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way. Les Brown~

What is the one thing above all things that you desire in your life right now?

If you expect to get it, then you must hunger after this one thing. Long for it with every breath you have. You will think about it night and day, you will plan for it, work for it, breathe it, pray for it and sleep it. Only then will you know for sure that you will obtain it.

When you want something that bad, I believe it will happen.
I believe it from experience.
What if it doesn't happen you say? Then you'll die wanting it!
What if it takes you a month, a year, 10 years, 20 years! Will you give up? Not if you want it and believe God for it!

Every since I was in my 20's ( 2 1/2 decades ago) I've prayed and desired to have a daughter after I had my son Benjamin. (He was exactly what I prayed for, a boy to start with). Now I only have about less than a year to have the desire to have a girl! My wife's daughter (and as far as I'm concerned mine also) will be here with us!

Will you believe and not give up on your dream for that long or longer if you must?
If your answer is no, then it's not what you really desire with all your heart.
If your answer is yes, I encourage you to keep believing, keep moving forward until you reach your dream! Don't ever give up, no matter what comes your way. The doors will open for you if you keep knocking. So keep knocking, keep asking, keep moving in the direction you want. The Bible says if we do these things, God will answer us because He is our good Father who loves us. He did not ever say He would make it easier on us. He did not say we would not go through any trails. But He did say if you seek and knock, He will open the doors for us! And when those doors open my friend, it will all be worth it!

Determination




Wealth and Riches are yours,

Dexter




No comments:

Post a Comment