Saturday, March 14, 2009

Freedom!



Dex & Mae by the Liberty Bell

Me outside of Independence Hall

Mae standing in the Independence Court Room

Virginia Room Where our forefathers debated the articles
of the US Constitution.




Just think I actually seen where George Washington, John Adams, James Madison and the like were in these very rooms. I walked in the hallways where they have walked. What an honor to experience in being in the very spot in history where the USA was made an independent Nation. Without these men, you and I would not have the freedoms that we have today. When I speak of freedom three things stick out in my mind. The freedom to worship as you choose, the freedom of speech, and the opportunity to own your own property and business. So many of us take all the freedoms these men and so many others through time have fought and died for, all for granted. Let us not forget the blood the has been shed so you and I could live in such a great Country. In the United States of America, we truly have Wealth and Riches.

Dexter
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures!!! It reminds me of the Movie "National Treasure". Did you see that movie??

    Oh how neat that you can visit... What a great trip..

    Diane

    ReplyDelete