Sunday, September 19, 2010

Discover these Jewels and live forever! Part 3-Exercise




The Third Jewel that you want to discover and have in your life is Exercise.


But what type, how much, and how often?

I recently bought a pedometer. It counts the number of steps, distance, and calories.
Super easy to use. Just clip it to your belt and your ready to go.
Dr. Oz on the Dr. Oz show recommends at least 10,000 steps a day to get and stay healthy.

I work an office job 8 hours a day, 5 days a week ,plus at home on the computer for another 1 to 2 hours a day with my part time business. That's a lot of sitting! I've found without going to the gym or any "extra" walking, I only step around 1500 steps a day. A far cry from 10,000!

The good news is, with walking around on my 2 breaks and going to the gym for 1/2 hour I average around 5,000 steps a day.
Now I'll need to find a way to increase that without having to put another 1/2 hour at the gym, such as parking on the 4th level parking lot and walking up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. More walking on my 2nd break. Using the stairs to get to the floor I work on also instead of the elevator. Things like that will all add up for me, and for you too if you work a office job or spend a lot of time at your desk from home.
Finding fun activities on the weekend will increase my walking time too.

So if you haven't guessed it yet, walking is a great way to stay healthy. All the experts agree.


Gardening is an excellent source of exercise and you'll benefit from the organic aspect of it too. Nothing better to me than a home grown tomato!
My mother in-law is in her 70's and works on the family farm as often as she can. It keeps her body and mind young. All that bending, moving, walking keeps her flexible which is my next major point.

Besides for muscle building, you want your body to be flexible too. It does no good to build muscle and not be able to bend over because your so stiff you can't move.

Do you remember the Kung Fu expert and movie star Bruce Lee? He knew not only was it important to know the moves automatically and have strong muscles but also to be flexible was key to moving fast and having a healthy body.

The Chinese use Tai Chi to bring both spiritual and physical harmony to their lives.
When I was in Hong Kong I witnessed first hand that every morning they would go outside and gather in groups and do Tai Chi together. It was quite impressive to watch these different groups in the morning start out their day in this manner.
I believe we westerners have some things to learn still!

Muscle building burns calories even after your done working out. It's a great way to keep burning calories!

How often to exercise?

To align yourself with the instructions of ancient scriptures, 6 days a week, and the 7th day for rest and worship.

How Much?

At least 10,000 steps a day would be your starting goal.
At the gym as far as working your muscles, I'd recommend if you're totally out of shape, start out with no more than 15 minutes a day for the first week or two.
The important thing is, listen to your body. It's okay to sweat and feel your heart beat, but if you can't talk while walking your pushing yourself too hard and need to slow down a bit. There are more technical ways of gauging this as far as heart rate and so forth, but a little common sense goes a long ways. If you want to know more though and get more into details there are plenty of resources online and off to reference.

As you can see I am working myself into more exercise in my own life to have the full Wealth and Riches that God wants for me. It is a Jewel that I am grasping to keep for the rest of my days and it's my hope you will too.

Stay tuned for Discover these Jewels and live forever, Part 4 of "Low Stress" next.

Wishing you more Wealth and Riches in every area of your life!

Dexter

1 comment:

  1. HURRAY!!! HURRAY!!! HURRAY!!!
    The illuminati brotherhood is reaching out to the needy in this festive period. Do you want to life your life in luxuries and have the opportunity of touring with international celebrities like JAY Z, KANYE WEST, LIL WAYNE and many more or Do you desire Fame, Riches, Powers, Wealth and do you want all your dreams to come to pass? THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE ILLUMINATI CULT CALL +2348115531558 AND GET RICH WE APPROVED MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT ARE OUR MEMBER SO WE WELCOME YOU TO JOIN NOW AND SAY GOODBYE TO POVERTY AND GET 2MILLION DOLLARS AFTER INITIATION, CALL GREAT MAN +2348115531558. Are you suffering in life, make up your mind and join the Illuminati kingdom to become a wealthy man or woman and also to become famous and powerful in life email us now at oyeyetemple@gmail.com or call:.+2348115531558 for more enquiry.

    ReplyDelete