Monday, September 13, 2010

Discover these Jewels and live forever!


Have you ever gone Treasure Hunting? How about to Yard Sales?
It's it great when you are looking all over and you see all kinds of stuff that you
at use at the time, and then suddenly you see that very thing you've been looking for for so long.

My mom had that happen to her many years ago. We were driving around on the weekend as usual hitting up all the local Yard Sales. It's so fun seeing all the interesting things that people have for sale. Sometimes you even run across something you have no idea what it is. Well, one of the habits my mom developed is when she met someone having a sale that was elderly, she would ask "Do you have any jewelry you would like to sell?" More times than oft. they would say "No I don't think I do" but this one day the answer was different.
She said "Yeah, you know I've been meaning to sell some jewelry I have." She went into the house and came out of the house with something wrapped in a white tissue.
She handed it to my mom, and my mom slowly opened it to reveal a old pocket watch that was real gold and had jewels in the works also. It was beautiful. My mom asked
"Do you really want to see this?" and the lady said "yes I do." My mom asked how much she wants for the watch and the lady answered "One Hundred Dollars." My mom looked it over some more and offered the lady Sixty instead. (You learn how to haggle at yard sales). The lady happily took the Sixty Dollars and we walked away with a treasure worth back then $400. Today, I still posses that very same gold pocket watch and value it not only for what it is, but the memory of my mom who has since passed away many years ago.

It's much like that with learning about life also. There are clues and jewels to be found that once found, you'll keep with you for the rest of your life because they are so valuable and useful.

The Holy Bible that is thousands of years old contains many such jewels. Today's Christian's tend to glaze right over them, because many of these jewels are found in the Old Testament. Since we have the New Testament, many people disregard the advice found there in. Since God is the author of both the Old and the New Testament, what He has to say is equally important. Makes sense right? What I'm trying to say is the New Testament does not make invalid the Old Testament.

Ah but on to these jewels. Where are they to be found?

Let us examine one of many. Genesis 9:2-4 (New International Version)

2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

So, we learn quite a few things with these passages of God's instruction to Adam and Eve.

First we learn that before the fall, God designed it for them to eat plants and fruits. It was their "meat". After the fall, God told them that now the animals were to be food for them also.

We then learn that even though God has given them animals to eat, the lifeblood of the animals was not to be eaten. This is an important point that we are not to ignore. So in other words, we are not to eat meat raw like an animal, nor to have it bloody.

So from these scriptures we learn that plants and fruits were in God's original design for us to eat. Therefore it should be our #1 choice to eat also. I'm not advocating being a vegan (unless you so choose) but our main foods to live a healthy life should be vegetables and fruits.

We also learn that when we do eat meat, it's not to be bloody.

These are MANY MORE jewels are to be found in the ancient scriptures. Jewels we can use to live a totally healthy life both spiritually and physically.

I will touch on more of these in future blogs.

I also am writing an e-book about these treasures. Let me know if you have an interest.

Wishing you more Wealth and Riches in every area of your life!

Dexter

No comments:

Post a Comment