Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Living a healthy lifestyle

I've been thinking about my dad lately. He passed away 27 years ago. I was 18 years old, and he was only 59 years old. He had a lot of stress in his life during that time. He smoked three packs of cigarettes a day and he had a lot of extra belly fat. He really was not health minded. Dad was a very intelligent man otherwise and even to this day I look up to him and admire him for his smart and hard work during his lifetime.
It's said we can learn from others both by their successes and failures and I have finally came to the conclusion that dad failed in living a healthy lifestyle. So by that I have learned that I must live a healthy lifestyle.

Myself I do not smoke, drink, or carry stress in my life. But I have gained way too much weight in my life which in the long term of things is not healthy at all. Over the last four years I am changing my eating habits to eat more healthy, but with lots of backsliding which has blown me up to 278 pounds! (I'm 6'1" tall). I have gained this from not only bad eating habits but lack of exercise. Sitting in front of the computer all day long isn't considered exercise.
I joined the gym two months ago and have gone from 278 to 268. Ten pounds lost! A nice start, and a long ways to go. I'm proud of myself though because I did loose and I have cut out all sweets during the week and allow myself to eat them on the weekend only. Not perfect, but a big giant improvement.

I plan on improving even more. Increasing my work out times and weight and eliminating toxins from my body and the things I use one by one. It truly is a new adventure that I am enjoying learning about so I can fully enjoy life's Wealth and Riches.

I write this of course to inspire you to live a healthy lifestyle also. Take it one step at a time. "By the yard it's hard, but by the inch anything is a cinch."

Dexter

No comments:

Post a Comment